Karen’s Signs of Being Abused
I know better. I can recognize while it’s happening. But, the first few times it occurred, I was shocked. He was sorry. I wanted to believe it would get better …. But I was already on a slippery slope. Now, it just happens with more frequency.
Emotional Signs of Abuse
Despair, Sadness, Anxiety
Karen’s Story of Abuse
We are a second marriage for both of us so, we have all these other little people involved. I don’t want to fail. But I find it increasingly hard to keep myself together mentally, emotionally and physically in the midst of comments like these:
- You’re a fucking Bitch!
- You’re a crazy bitch!
- I can’t compete with the crazy in your head!
- Shut the fuck up!
- Get out of my fucking sight!
- Leave me the fuck alone!
- If I wanted you to know, I’d tell you!
- You always have your head up your ass!
- I can’t rely on you for anything!
- You’d better never fucking talk like that to me again!
- You’d better never ask me that again!
- You make everything worse. Everything! Work, Home, Parenting. Everything!
- If I want something done around here, I guess I have to do it myself!
- I wouldn’t have to get this mad if you wouldn’t push me.